Saturday, September 23, 2017

Celebrate!





Ruth Ayres has a link-up on weekends where people link to posts that are celebrations about their week. I love this reminder to celebrate every week.


Today I'm thankful for people who reach out a hand of kindness to others in the world. Earlier this week my husband called to say that while he was home the dog had gotten out of the yard so I should keep my phone close in case someone found him. Our dog has my cell number on his tags. Our dog is getting up in age and cannot see very well. He also has no survival instinct and will try to step out in front of cars when we wait at corners. I was concerned that he would be hit by a car while he strolled through the neighborhood. Fortunately a woman found him and picked him up. Schatzie got to go for a ride in her car until we were able to arrange the transfer. I'm so glad she took time out of her day to help our little guy. 

There were also kind people looking out for one of my friends this week too. She was gifted with an anonymously free coffee at Starbucks and it made her day. 

In the midst of an earthquake and hurricanes, I see reports of people going out of their way to help others. Sometimes people are even risking their lives for strangers. It's horrifying that these tragedies are occurring, but there is also a beauty in the kindness people are offering.

Once more this was a week where political news stressed me out,  but it is great to be reminded that most people in the world want to help others and make the world a better place for all people.

6 comments:

  1. It is good to see the reminders of kindness in the midst of so many hard times. Where would we be without the hope it brings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this -- the reminders that there is good in this world... and that most people are good and kind. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hang on in the good that others choose to give. I believe in the gift of giving and gratitude. I appreciate your celebration! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that your dog got home safely. Kindness is always a beautiful reason for celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad someone found your dog and helped get him back to you! We've had our puppy for almost two years now and we love her so much. I can't imagine how stressed out I would feel if she was lost. There's always something to celebrate even when there's so much going on in the world. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Beauty in the kindness people are offering..." Thanks for the reminder that it's always there if we but open our eyes to it. So glad for the good Samaritan who found your sweet Schatzie and scooped him up.

    ReplyDelete