Friday, July 21, 2017

Celebrate!


Ruth Ayres has a link-up on weekends where people link to posts that are celebrations about their week. I love this reminder to celebrate every week.

I've been absent from blogging for a good long while. It would seem that a teacher would have more time in the summer, but it's quite the opposite for me. This is only the third day this month that I am in my own house and we don't have guests. It's been an awesome summer filled with many wonderful events, connections, and travel, but whew! My head's starting to spin from it all. Today I've read, walked in the rain (in my new boots below), and not done much else.

Here are some of the things I can celebrate from this summer:

A bike ride with co-workers
Indiana dunes & time with my mom

Getting a lovely t-shirt from Lauren Castillo at NerdCampMI

Seeing the original Keeping Quilt at the Mazza Museum (Children's Lit galore)

Meeting Emily Arrow - (and dancing to Be a Friend on stage during her concert )


Meeting up with authors, illustrators, educators and friends at NerdcampMi
An excellent #WeNeedDiverseBooks panel to start off NerdcampMi

Seeing Frida Kahlo's work & other amazing Mexican pieces at the Dallas Museum of Art
Visiting my sister & cousin in TX and getting cute rain boots!



We went to a rodeo & also saw Bill Pickett's stuff

I met many authors and illustrators at an unexpected visit to ALA
 

I met Kwame Alexander, Mary Rand Hess, and Randy Preston on a lake cruise to celebrate the book Solo
There are many other more ordinary and quiet things to celebrate like getting to spend time with our exchange student before she went back to Brazil, sitting on the back porch with a good book, and having both of my children living here this summer. There have been many challenges too, but I'm holding onto the good stuff.

7 comments:

  1. What an amazing summer you've had - I love all the book love and book people you've hob nobbed with, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very fun summer! I have to get to NerdCamp one of these summers. It sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I'm a bit envious of all the book love you've enjoyed. And those boots are adorable. I hope the busyness slows down so you have a bit more time to read and walk in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've missed you, but looks as if you're enjoying a wonderful summer. Keep on loving the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal, with a summer like that you will have memories and stories to tell for a long time. How exciting. Did you have a bucket list of favorites that you crossed off?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great great summer you've had. I certainly hope you can enjoy more days like today on your own because you'll savor these beautiful moments for quite some time, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! You've been living life to the max, thank you for taking us readers along with you for the ride! :)

    ReplyDelete