Saturday, November 3, 2012

November Fun

NaNoWriMo is in full swing. This morning I got to hang out in a coffee shop and then the library working on my <cough cough> novel. Yes, it will technically be called a novel, but I have no dreams of publication. This is more a practicing of the process than anything else and it's also a chance to participate in something great with many people at the same time. The biggest thing I notice is that it really helps me appreciate the craft and effort of authors. This is not easy work.

In addition to NaNoWriMo, I am also challenging myself to write more on this blog. Crazy right? But overall, I am going for getting comfortable writing and expressing myself in whatever way works. 

I'm planning to knock out some of those book reviews that have been waiting on the sidelines. I review things often in Goodreads, but full and thorough book reviews - well not so much. Maybe a book review once a week, my It's Monday posts, and at least one post each about teaching and learning. That would make at least four a week which is more than my average 11 a month.

One of the ways I think things through is by talking about them, so that is sort of the purpose of this blog.. It's another way to "talk" through, process, or reflect on books, my teaching, and my learning. So here's to a great month of learning and reflecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment